Chinese Style Baked Fish
4fish filets (1/4 pound filet, opah, monchong, salmon, swordfish or snapper)
4 tablespoonsfresh ginger, peeled, sliced into thin strips (divided use)
1 teaspoongarlic salt
1⁄4 cupcanola oil
1 tablespoonsesame oil
4green onion stalks (sliced)
1 bunchChinese parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- On a lightly oil-sprayed foil sheet, add ½ tablespoon of ginger. Season fish with garlic salt on all sides and place fish on top of the ginger. Add another ½ tablespoon of ginger on top of each piece of fish and drizzle 1 tablespoon of mirin, then wrap up foil to seal up the fish. Place in the oven.
- Bake fish for 10-12 minutes.
- Open the foil and sprinkle the fish with green onions, Chinese parsley, ginger and a drizzle of shoyu.
- In a small saucepan, heat both sesame and canola oil until oil begins to lightly smoke.
- Pour hot oil onto fish to sizzle the garnish and release all the flavor.
- Add more Chinese parsley and green onion as desired.