Easy Beef Broccoli
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or soju
- 3 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 pound chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips, against the grain
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 0.25 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 0.5 cup chicken stock
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, rice wine, shoyu and beef.
2. Mix well and marinate for 20 minutes.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 2 tablespoons oil until beef is just done; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add in the water and steam.
5. Combine oyster sauce, chicken stock and remaining cornstarch and mix until smooth.
6. Return beef to pan and add in the oyster sauce mixture.
7. Cook until the sauce thickens.
8. Serve with rice.