Cranberry Shiso Chutney
- 2 Oranges
- 1 14 oz. can Cranberry sauce, jellied (Ocean Spray or similar)
- 3 oz. Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Shiso fumi furikake
- Peel one of the oranges for its zest with a sharp peeler. Be sure not to remove the pith (bitter white part of the orange). Thinly slice the orange zest into ribbons with a sharp knife and set aside. Cut both oranges in half, remove any seeds, and squeeze the oranges for their juice and pulp.
- In a saucepot, add the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, pulp, zest ribbons and half of the fresh cranberries.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning. Once the sauce is boiling, turn the heat down and bring to a simmer to reduce the sauce.
- After the sauce has reduced and thickened, turn off the heat and stir in Shiso Fumi Furikake and the remaining fresh cranberries. The residual heat of the sauce will bloom the Shiso Fumi Furikake and cook the fresh cranberries.
- Cool the sauce and store in the refrigerator for up to seven days.