Deep Fried Shoyu Chicken Wings
2 poundsChicken Wings, thawed
2 cupspotato starch
2 cupsmirin (for more sweetness, add 1/4 cup sugar)
1 cupshoyu (soy sauce)
1 cuprice vinegar
- Heat frying oil to 350 degrees.
- Dry chicken wings thoroughly and dredge in potato starch.
- Deep fry chicken wings in small batches.
- Allow chicken to cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring occasionally until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the mirin, shoyu, rice vinegar, and mix well.
- Remove chicken from oil and let the excess oil drain. Next, coat chicken in sauce for about 30 seconds to a minute to allow the flavor to be absorbed.
- Optional: Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onion.