- 1 frozen shelled edamame
- 0.25 cup tahini
- 1 freshly grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2" piece of young ginger, peeled and rough chopped
- 0.75 teaspoon kosher salt
- 0.125 cup olive oil (you can substitute half with extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Chinese parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- Blanch the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, lemon zest and juice, garlic, ginger, salt, until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with the vegetables or pita, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.