Ginger Coconut Brittle
2 cups1/4" diced fresh coconut
2 cupsgolden brown sugar
2 tablespoonsfreshly grated ginger
1 teaspoonpumpkin spice
- Prepare a baking sheet pan with non-stick spray or with a silicone mat and set it aside.
- In a heavy-duty medium-sized sauce or non-stick pan, combine ingredients.
- Stir mixture over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pan. Boil the mixture until it thickens and the temperature reaches 295F. Stir occasionally (about every 10 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat.
- While the mixture is still hot, pour about 2 tablespoons for each brittle piece and allow space between each piece onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Let the mixture stand until cool and firm.