Instant Pot Japanese Beef Curry
2 poundschuck roast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
1large onion (diced)
2garlic cloves (minced)
2medium russet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
2carrots (peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces)
2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
6 cupsbeef stock or water
1 tablespoonginger (finely grated)
2 tablespoonsJapanese S&B Curry Powder
2 tablespoonsGaram Masala (or 1 1/2 tablespoon all spice and 1/2 tablespoon cumin)
1⁄2 cupapple sauce (or 1 Fuji apple grated)
1 tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
2 tablespoonsbulldog tonkatsu sauce
- Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Press sauté on the instant pot and choose more/high heat setting.
- Once the pot reaches temperature, add 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil then brown the beef cubes on all sides for a few minutes. Take out and set aside.
- Add the diced onions, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, garlic and flour then sauté for a few minutes to cook the flour and spices. Add the beef back into the pot.
- Pour in 6 cups of stock, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, grated apple, bulldog sauce and scrape the bottom of your pot well.
- Close the instant pot lid then switch the knob to sealing. Also press cancel on your instant pot to turn off sauté mode.
- Choose high pressure/manual and set for 20 minutes cooking time. Once the timer is up wait 10 Minutes before venting the steam.
- Open your lid when it’s safe and add the potatoes and carrots. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender; the sauce is to desired thickness.