Herb Crusted Roast Beef
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 1 cup stone ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tablespoon fresh thyme(chopped)
- 0.5 tablespoon fresh rosemary(chopped)
- butchers twine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 cup horseradish
- 0.25 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pat the roast dry with paper towel and tie the roast at 3 inch intervals with butchers twine.
- Season each side of the roast with salt and pepper.
- Sear the roast in a pan on all sides with olive oil to brown then set aside.
- Rub roast with mustard on each side
- Coat the roast with thyme and rosemary and place on a roasting pan.
- Roast in oven for 40-65 minutes. With a thermometer, check internal temperature and remove roast when it reaches 120°F (or until desired doneness) cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Mix horseradish and sour cream together and serve with roastbeef.