Instant Pot Pinakbet
1⁄4 poundbitter melon (cut into 2 inch pieces)
2pieces of eggplant (cut into 2 inch wedges)
6pieces of okra (tops trilled and cut into 2 inch length)
1 1⁄2 cupstring beans (cut into 2 inch length)
2tomatoes (cut into wedges)
1 poundpork butt or belly (cubes into 1 inch pieces)
2 clovesgarlic (minced)
1 tablespoonginger (minced)
1⁄4 cupfish sauce
1⁄2 cupbroth or water
2 tablespoonscooking oil
tablespoonSalt & pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot setting to SAUTE - (MORE) setting and wait until hot.
- Add oil and sauté the pork for a few minutes and season with salt & pepper.
- Add the garlic, ginger, onion and tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Add fish sauce and broth.
- Cancel SAUTE and switch to PRESSURE COOKER – (HIGH PRESSURE) setting for 5 minutes. When finished manually release the pressure and switch setting back to SAUTE.
- Add the vegetables, layering them in the pot from the bottom in this order: bitter melon, okra, string beans, kabocha, and eggplant.
- Cover with lid venting and cook 6-8 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- Adjust taste by adding more fish sauce and season with salt & pepper.