- 0.5 cup salt (kosher or Hawaiian sea salt)
- 0.5 gallon water
- 1 unknown head Won Bok(cut into quarters lengthwise, remove core and cross cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 6 unknowns bulbs garlic, finely minced
- 1 unknown piece of ginger root(roughly 1 inch size, peeled and finely minced)
- 0.125 cup fish sauce
- 1 unknown bunch of green onions, root removed(cut into 1-inch lengths)
- 0.5 cup Korean or Asian chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl, mix the salt and won bok and let it sit for a few minutes. Add water to the bowl to completely submerge the won bok. Weigh it down with a plate and let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove won bok from water and rinse thoroughly. Drain won bok in colander, squeezing as much water from the leaves as possible.
- In a clean large bowl combine the drained won bok, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, green onions, chili powder, sugar and salt. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pack into jars, pushing down to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate.
- Let sit for 2 to 3 days before serving.