Local Kim Chee Tofu Soup
2 cupshigh max won bok kim chee
1 tablespoonchili paste (or more to taste)
4 cupschicken broth or stock
1 cupdaikon (peeled and sliced)
1 packagesoft tofu (cut into bite sized cubes)
2green onion stalks, (sliced in 1 inch pieces)
- Combine the kim chee and juice, chili paste and chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a slow simmer and cook for 20 minutes to allow the flavor to develop and lightly reduce.
- Add in the daikon and simmer until tender approximately 6 minutes.
- Add tofu, reduce the heat to low and cook until the tofu is heated through, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.