Local Kim Chee Tofu Soup
- 2 cups high max won bok kim chee
- 1 tablespoon chili paste(or more to taste)
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup daikon(peeled and sliced)
- 1 package soft tofu(cut into bite sized cubes)
- 2 green onion stalks,(sliced in 1 inch pieces)
- optional: add shrimp, mushrooms or pork
- Combine the kim chee and juice, chili paste and chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a slow simmer and cook for 20 minutes to allow the flavor to develop and lightly reduce.
- Add in the daikon and simmer until tender approximately 6 minutes.
- Add tofu, reduce the heat to low and cook until the tofu is heated through, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.