Maika’i Glazed Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 pounds baby portabella mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Maika'i Garlic(chopped)
- 0.5 cup Maika'i Glazed Pecans(chopped and save an additional 25 whole pecan pieces)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.25 teaspoon Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prep mushrooms by carefully breaking off stems. Chop stems fine, discarding tough stems.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, pecans, mushrooms stems and sage. Cook, while stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until everything has softened.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the mushroom stem mixture, goat cheese, salt and black pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Place mushroom caps on a large baking sheet. Working with one mushroom at a time, brush both inside and outside with oil and stuff with 1 teaspoon of filling. Place on center rack and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese turns a nice golden brown.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, top with a whole glazed pecan.