- 1 ½ cups short-grain rice
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3 tablespoons sushi vinegar
- 6 ounces crab meat or imitation crab meat, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium Japanese cucumber, sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Shiso furikake as needed
- 2 sheets roasted nori (seaweed)
- Cook the rice in rice cooker. Once done fold in the sushi vinegar.
- Spread the rice out so it can cool.
- Combine the crab with the mayonnaise.
- Line the first 8"x8" pan with aluminum foil. Lay down a sheet of nori, then cover with half the rice.
- Add the avocado, then cucumbers, then crab mayo mix, sprinkle with the shiso furikake. Then top layer of rice and nori.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap, then place the second 8"×8" inch pan on top. Weigh it down and let sit, pressed, for an hour.
- Turn the square of sushi out onto a cutting board. Slice evenly.