Skillet Steak and Potatoes
2 poundsCertified Angus Beef® Ribeye
1 poundYukon gold potatoes (cubed)
2 tablespoonsunsalted butter
2 clovesgarlic (recommendation: Maika'i Whole Peeled Garlic, minced)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Add butter, garlic, and thyme to pan.
- Once butter starts to melt add steak and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Using a spoon, scoop butter and pour over steak multiple times throughout the cooking process. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside.
- Add potatoes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until browned or about 4-5 minutes. Flip potatoes and repeat.
- Return steak to skillet and place in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until steak is at your preferred doneness and the potatoes are fork tender. Be sure to remove your steak 5-10 degrees less than your desired doneness as the steak will continue to heat through when removed. This step can be omitted if you get your desired doneness with pan searing. Allow steak to rest for a few minutes before cutting.