Thai Chicken and Breadfruit Curry
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add eggplant, breadfruit, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and breadfruit is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in basil and cilantro to taste.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Breadfruit may be larger than needed. You can take the extra and steam or boil, then freeze for future use.