Truffle Mac and Cheese
- 1 package macaroni
- 1 tray hamakua alii mushrooms(sliced 4 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic(sliced)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle maika'i extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bottle maika'i classic alferdo sauce**
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil**
- 1 bag maika'i black pepper potato chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil macaroni according to directions and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot add 2 tablespoons of Maika'i Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat until slightly smoking, add mushrooms and garlic, season with salt and pepper and saute till brown color, add 2 cups of milk and 1 jar of Maika'i Classic Alfredo Sauce and bring to simmer.
- Add cooked macaroni and stir.
- Add parmesan and cheddar cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Add truffle oil and stir until incorporated.
- Take potato chips and smash into crumbs.
- Place mac and cheese in a bowl and top with potato chips and parsley.