Goat Cheese Polenta
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- • Unsalted butter, as needed
- Bring 4 cups of stock to a rapid boil.
- In a steady stream, whisk in the cornmeal, stirring until the corn meal starts to thicken.
- Turn heat down to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed approximately 20 minutes.
- When the polenta is smooth and not grainy, adjust consistency with additional stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, add in the goat cheese to taste and finish with a pat of butter.