Pork Roast with Caramelized Apples
- Pork Roast
- pork sirloin or butt
- 3 garlic cloves(chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley(chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary(chopped)
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Caramelized Apples
- 2 apples(peeled cored and sliced into wedges. Envy, Granny Smith or Golden Delicious preferred)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the pork roast into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Rub in all the herbs and seasonings to the roast.
- Refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- On the next day, preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Place in the oven on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 and continue roasting until an internal temperature of 145 is achieved.
- Remove, place a piece of foil over the roast and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and pour over any reserved juices from the roast. While the pork is resting, make the sauteed apples. When serving, garnish with sauteed apples.
Serve with risotto, soft polenta, wild rice
- Heat a 12-inch skillet to medium high.
- Add in the butter and allow to melt and foam.
- Add in the apples and allow them to start to caramelize.
- Sprinkle in the brown sugar and toss.
- Continue to cook, tossing every few minutes, until the sugar and apples are nicely caramelized.
- Add in the lemon juice, toss, then remove from heat and reserve.
Note: Caramelized apples works as a garnish for vanilla ice cream. If you want more caramel sauce, double the sugar and allow it to caramelize with cooking the apples. Finish with an extra pat of butter.